Last night I once again I found myself in a panic, tearing myself away from a project at 5:30 pm, and realizing I had not planned anything for dinner. Thankfully, I dug up some chicken breasts and threw together this easy crowd pleaser before 6:15. I promise you that I am not above throwing on some hot dogs in this situation, but I’m trying to be good.
Add a can of mushrooms to jazz it up a little.
- 1 package spaghetti or egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly with a meat mallet
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 jar prepared spaghetti sauce
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs, garlic salt and parmesan cheese in a resealable plastic bag. Shake flattened chicken breasts in the mixture to coat completely.
- In a 12 inch skillet on medium high heat, cook the chicken breasts in the olive oil until browned- 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, any remaining bread crumb mixture and the mozzarella cheese to the chicken. Cook 5-8 minutes then serve over prepared noodles.
For an easy twist to save dishes, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and serve in bowls.