It’s big time testing week here in Louisiana. A time for parents, children and teachers alike to stress out over whether or not we all measure up. One of the things drilled into our head is that we need to make sure our kids get a healthy breakfast, so I’m pulling out all the stops. Okay, not really, but we’ve shifted from Pop Tarts and cereal to pancakes and these babies, which are the breakfast of choice around here. I let Andrew make his own today and I should have taken a picture. I could have fed a small village with his, but I’ll be darned if he didn’t eat the whole thing.
This is such a simple crowd pleaser and people never believe it’s as easy and fast as I tell them. Here’s the proof, folks!
You can add chopped onion and bell pepper, salsa, extra chili powder and cumin or anything you desire. Serve and dress them as you would a regular burrito, then sit back and accept applause.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 4-6+
- 1 lb ground sausage (we usually use Jimmy Dean Original)
- 1-2 can Bush’s Chili Beans in chili sauce, or other brand
- 1 can Rotel, or other diced tomatoes and chilies
- 10 inch tortillas
- Scrambled eggs
- Cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, olives, avocado, taco sauce, etc. for garnish
- Brown the ground sausage in a pot and drain any liquid.
- Add the chili beans and rotel and cook until bubbly.
- Scramble your eggs.
- Warm tortillas, spread with eggs, chili, garnish and then roll into tortillas.
- Done. Told ya’ it was easy.