If you are looking for a healthy recipe for seafood lasagna, this is not it. If you are looking for a rich, decadent once a year treat for your family and friends, read on. Even if Captain America isn’t your server, seafood lasagna is a creamy, taste bud loving, tummy pleasing, comfort food that you will love.
This is a relatively easy recipe and it is always a huge hit. Like many foods, it’s almost better the second day and freezes really well. I can usually squeeze 2 lasagna pans out of this and will freeze one for later. You can’t really use too much Tony’s or creole seasoning because the cheese and noodles dissipate the flavor, but don’t get too crazy.
- 3 large onions, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3, yes, 3, sticks of butter (1 & 1/2 cup)
- 1 lb shrimp (chopped, if desired)
- 1 lb crab meat (I use the fake stuff and chop it up)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1 box lasagna noodles, cooked, or 1.5 boxes ready to use lasagna
- Salt, pepper, garlic, Tony’s to taste (if you want specifics; 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2-4 TBSP Tony’s)
- In a large stock or black pot, saute onions and bell pepper in 1 stick of butter for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add shrimp and crab and cook 15-20, minutes, stirring often. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and Tony’s.
- In another pan melt 2 sticks of butter and 1/3 cup of flour, whisking until smooth. Add the milk and cook until thick. Add to the seafood and veggie mix, stirring until blended and taste to season.
- Layer in lasagna pans, starting with seafood mix, cheese then noodles. Bake 45 min to an hour, (longer with ready to use noodles) at 350 degrees.