I was just nominated for the Liebster Award! Since I’m so new to the world of blogging, I had to do some research to find out what this meant and it turns out that this is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers to help spread the word about up and coming new blogs. In German Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I am so blessed and excited to be recognized.
Thank you, Taylor from Peas Romaine Calm for the nomination and for your patience with me in getting this post together. It is very encouraging and a total honor to be recognized by your distinguished peers! I guess I better bring my A game! I sure hope I’m doing this right.
The rules of the Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you.
- Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog.
- Peas Romaine Calm
- Nourished Peach
- Grit Grub
- Passion Cook
- Everyday Sarah Jane
- Lazy Mom Cooking
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- Snapshot in Cursive
- The Mediterranean Microwave
- The Picky Gourmet
The answers to the 10 questions I was asked:
- How did you pick your blog’s name? Well, I love learning to build things around the house, organizing, cooking and eating, growing my own food, to laugh and all things nerdy (Comic Con, SciFi, the whole shebang) and I agonized over how to convey my interests. Since we moved closer to town and I was trying to gain self-sufficiency in the ‘Burbs, the name was born.
- Describe yourself in three words. Fun, resilient and resourceful.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? Clearly, food.
- What single quality do you most appreciate in people? The ability to speak and understand sarcasm.
- What’s your favorite post that you’ve written? (Link, please!) This is hard…maybe Saturday Crawfish Boil.
- Where do you get your inspiration to write? My life, my kids, my kitchen, this world.
- What is your all time favorite type of cake? I’m going to go with Ho Ho Cake.
- Would you still blog if you knew nobody was going to read it? I do believe I would.
- What’s your favourite (non-blog) website? Sadly, I log a lot of miles on IMDB.com
- If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be? A few years ago I would have said someone like Jayne Seymore, but if I keep eating like this, I’m leaning toward Melissa McCarthy and I’m okay with that.
My 10 Questions to my Nominees:
- What made you start your blog?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- What quality do you think your readers most admire in you?
- The best post you’ve ever written is…
- Do you think you’ll ever retire from blogging?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- What is something few people know about you?
- When is your favorite time of day to write?
- Why do you blog?
- The song which best describes you and your blog is…
Please tag me in your post after you finish so I can see everyone’s answers! Thank you to my followers and for nominating me. I hope I can measure up and bring a little entertainment into your lives!